Monday, November 17, 2008

TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY....

I love the holidays! I love making gifts for my family, and making treats for friends. As the days become colder, I enjoy the warmth of my cozy home and the feelings of warmth that generate from within. This time of year brings such joy to me! I used to try and do it all, but as I grow older I realize that I can't do it all and that some things just don't matter. For those of you who still try and do it all, here is one of my favorite quotes to help relieve the stress and maybe help you see that you don't want to do it all....just those things that really matter. I know it is talking of the busyness of our daily lives, but if we make ourselves too busy in our average days, how much more crazy we will be when the extra bustle of the holidays come. And if we are too busy in those common busy days to remember the Lord, then how will we ever find time to remember the real "Reason for the Season" when the hectic holidays come?

“...One of the adversaries favourite tactics among righteous LDS women is busyness -getting us so preoccupied with the flurry of daily life that we fail to immerse ourselves in the gospel of Jesus Christ.”
– Sheri L. Dew


I hope that during this holiday season we will all ponder what is truly most important to us, and work hard at achieving unbusyness. Do we need excessive gifts? Are "things" really what make Christmas? Or would 1 gift from the heart be worth so much more? I pray our quest for unbusyness increases our joy of the holidays, and in Him who, is not only the reason for the season, but He who also created us that "we might have joy."

1 comment:

Happy Wanderers said...

Love that quote! It's a good reminder. I'm only busy right now because we're getting ready to go...just FYI, though, we'll probably still be busy with the kiddies once we're there..... :) They love to make cookies (and eat nothing else) and sing and run and read and play and whatever else you can think of, but I suppose that that doesn't really count as 'busyness'--that's my job! :)