Tuesday, November 18, 2008

LIFE GOAL

I've been pondering about my "Mission Statement," or life goal lately. So many companies have a mission statement to describe what their company is trying to achieve. I've been trying to think of a statement that could describe percisely what I want to achieve in this life, and the best thing that I've come up with are three words: SIMPLICITY*HUMILITY*CHARITY

All that I want to have, accomplish, or be, comes under these three words and their definitions. I want joy in simplicity...being happy with what I have and grateful for those things in life that God has given me. I don't want to be bogged down with too much stuff. I don't want to be material minded. I want to escape the stress of clutter...the clutter of possessions, the clutter of busyness, the clutter of trying to be all things to all people, and minimize. I want to treasure the moment, special friends and family, talents/gifts, myself, and value these things for what they are...gifts from God.

Next, I want meekness in humility...to erase pride from my heart and seek what God wants for me. I want to see myself EXACTLY as God sees me...nothing more, and nothing less, and see what my divine potential can be. I want to see others in the same way as God sees them too. I want to use my talents and abilities for the glory of God, and I want to remember where those talents and abilities come from and how they are nothing without the spark of the divine, or the influence of the Spirit. I want to give the Lord the gift of my heart, because my heart...my will...is the only thing that I have that is totally mine to give....everything else He has already given me.

Last of all, I want purification and sanctification through charity, or the pure love of Christ. With the pure love of Christ in my heart, I want to be virtuous in my thoughts and actions....kind. I don't want to be critical, but I want to think of kind, generous things of others...and then tell them. I want my thoughts to then be reflected in my actions. I want all that I think, say and do to be a mirror of my faith in Christ, so that all who see me will see Him.

I could go on and on, but no matter what thing I want to emulate in my life, I can place in one of these 3 catagories.

I hope I didn't get too personal here. It is the true desire of my heart, and now all of you know what that is too.

No comments: