Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Okay, Now I'm Really Back...

Emily has informed me that if I'm back then I need to post something....so here is a little something.

I guess I was caught up in the election too much to really focus on my blogs, and in a frenzy over the obvious bias of the media for their candidate. Having a black president doesn't bother me, in fact, if he were a good, righteous man I would have loved it! Kind of like a Morgan Freeman, or a Denzel Washington!! But Obama has too shady of a past, with too many powerful and corrupt people behind him making it all happen, to win me to his side! Is the voice of the people really for a wicked man? I'm so shocked that the majority of voters actually voted for a man they knew nothing about, because he and the media wouldn't let anything come out about him. All he had to do was put out this nebulous word...change...he didn't even have to say what the changes were, and people were going nuts! I have been so frustrated by all of this that I wasn't able to see clearly the things that I love. Now the election is over and we can't change the outcome. I know that God is in charge. If Obama is in office to help fulfill His plans for this country....whether 'great or terrible'....then we (I) need to be more faithful and immerse myself in those things that will bring me closer to a knowledge of God's will for me and my family. As I was on the treadmill this morning I listened to a talk by Elder Jeffrey Holland called, "Tongues of Angels." He said so many wonderful things in it about virtuous words, deeds and thoughts, and it struck me again how much I need to keep my conversation on a happy, positive note. When he said, "I don't know of any bad things that can't be made worse by whinning," that I knew he was right. I'm through with whinning! I'll now look forward with faith, though with the future hard times may come, we will always have peace and security in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Happy Wanderers said...

Thanks for putting up a post, mom! :) It was a good one! :) I think I might steal your quote o' the week...